I currently have a Siberian Husky named Arya. I am currently training her as a Service Dog for myself. She is my second Siberian Husky. Someday I will tell you more about Nanuk who lived 14 years with me and my family.
But if you have gotten to here… you love Huskies or are interested in getting one. you need to watch this video:
Warning about Huskies
I love my Husky and I think she is wonderful but the rules really do apply:
- Be the pack leader!
- Huskies need A LOT of EXCERSIZE!
- A big back yard does not count as excersize.
- Huskies need to be brushed, because they shed A LOT.
- A tired Husky is a hapy Husky.
You also need to know that Huskies are:
- Highly inteligent
- Highly independant.
Highly inteligent, means that they can learn alot and fast. They learn more than you want them to.
Hightly independant, means that they do not wait for a command. They are known to ignor commands that they clearly KNOW! They choose what they respond to.
Someone once toold me how to make a great slead team and why.
- Siberan Huskies are used as lead dogs. Because they will hear a command and decide if it is safe to follow that command. If they are told to turn right and there is a cliff there they will go straight or even turn left.
- Alaskan Huskies are next. They are high energy, and listen to commands well. They push the Siberan’s to keep going and get on their case if they are ignoring commands.
- Malamutes are in the rear. They are big, strong, and will pull you off the cliff if you tell them to.